Heavy Equipment Technician
Elvaan Equipment Solutions (www.elvaan.com) sells, rents, and fixes equipment to customers across Ontario. We are The Fastest Growing DEVELON (Formerly Doosan Construction Equipment) Dealer In Canada. We are also the Exclusive Dealer for the Raod Machinery Products From Ammann. We also represent JLG, Skyjack & Toro Construction Products.
Elvaan Equipment Solutions offers a vast lineup of premium quality machinery, including excavators, wheel loaders, dump trucks, rollers (single and double drum), skid steer loaders, articulated dump trucks, drills, as well as aerial equipment like telehandlers and scissor lifts. Our carefully curated product range caters to a diverse selection of industries, from infrastructure, landscaping, waste management, telecommunication and uilities to construction, forestry, recycling, and beyond.
Looking to build a rewarding career? Consider joining one of Canada’s fastest-growing construction equipment companies! As part of our team, you’ll represent some of the biggest multinational brands in the industry, all while prioritizing top-notch customer service and fostering your own personal growth. Come grow with us!
We are looking for permanent full-time Heavy Equipment Technician to join our company located 2355 Cawthra Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 2W7. Reporting to the Service Manager, a successful candidate is customer-focused and a team player who can work independently. No matter which industry you have experience in, we hone your transferable skills and teach you all about the ever-changing world of equipment!
- Diagnosis /Faultfinding of earth moving and material handling equipment
- Repair and maintenance of earth moving and material handling equipment according to OEM specifications
- Check for the proper operation of earth moving and material handling equipment
- Repair or replace defective parts
- Clean lubricate and routine maintenance on earth moving and material handling equipment
- Perform routine scheduled Planned Maintenance (PM) services, appraisals, and Safety Inspections
- Complete all necessary timecards and report documentation as required
- Complete shop work as required by Supervisor’s direction when required
- Communicate repair status and requirements with customers and Supervisors alike
- Excel the ‘customer experience’ by being always professional
- Order and track all parts request to meet the customer expectation
- Complete jobs as assigned. Some out of town at customer site visits might be required
- Proactively seek opportunities to grow customer accounts while carrying out your duties
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Heavy Equipment Technician
- Prior experience of working for a construction equipment dealership is preferred
- Previous equipment shop mechanic and/or field service technician experience is required
- Demonstrated previous shop environment skills are required
- Self-starter, independent and a team player with a sense of urgency
- Proficient with computer systems and machine diagnostics
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours during normal business hours in support of the business needs
- Successful candidates will be motivated, personable and possess excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid Ontario drivers license with a clean drivers abstract
- Journeyman 421A – Required
- 310T license – Preferred
SIMILAR ROLES INCLUDE:
Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Technician, Journeyman/Journeywoman Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Heavy Duty Mechanic, On Road/Off Road Mechanic, Industrial Mechanic, Industrial Technician, Truck and Coach.
Benefits & Perks:
- $39.00 – $51.00 per hour base pay depending on the experience and qualifications, plus road premium and pension contribution.
- Benefits: Medical, Insurance, Dental and RRSP match, & Prescription Coverage; Benefits eligible as of the first day and 100% paid by the employer
- $10,000 joining bonus for the right candidate
- Brand new crane mounted Ford F650/Equivalent heavy-duty mechanic truck
- Annual tool and boot allowance
- Ongoing factory training
Interested in becoming part of the team? Send your resume to [email protected] with the position name in the email title.